10 Questions with Roscoe Jarboe
Posted on November 29 2018
As we all gear up for the most exciting ten days of rodeo, we sat down with Roscoe Jarboe to ask him a few questions. Roscoe is headed to his third consecutive NFR in the bull riding. We have been proud sponsors of Roscoe for the last few years and are very excited to cheer him on in Vegas.
1. When did you get on your first bull?
Roscoe- I was around eight years old. I've basically lived and breathed bull riding my whole life.
2. What is your favorite rodeo?
Roscoe- Spanish Fork, UT is definitely a favorite, and of course Caldwell Night Rodeo is a fun one too.
3. What's your biggest setback?
Roscoe- I broke my back last Spring, and that was a rough patch. How did you overcome that? Roscoe- I never want to miss an NFR, so I knew I had to heal up, and get after it. I stayed focused on making the NFR and it worked out.
4. What's your favorite part of the rodeo trail?
Roscoe- Being with all my buddies, and feeling the excitement of the crowd.
5. What's your favorite bull?
Roscoe- I like a lot of bulls, but I'd have to pick Bruiser, by D&H Page Cattle.
6. What's your favorite color of cowboy hat?
Roscoe- I like lighter colors. I've been wearing a natural and now I'm excited to wear a dark belly this year at the NFR.
7. What rodeo advice would you give to up and coming bull riders?
Roscoe- If you have a dream, then chase it. Don't cheat yourself and always put forth 100 percent.
8. How many rodeos did you go to this year?
Roscoe- this year I went to 98 total rodeos. After recovering from my broken back, I went to 78 rodeos. It's been a busy year.
9. What's your favorite truck stop as you travel the rodeo trail?
Roscoe- Flying J's are the best. Best showers and food. (laughing).
10. Ok last question, Summer or Winter?
Roscoe- Hands down, SUMMER. I'm not a fan of the cold. Luckily I get to spend most of the winter down south.
Good luck at the 2018 WNFR, we know your hometown is ready to cheer you on
Photo's by- Desert Road Photography